Submissions are now closed and the deadline has passed.
Good luck to everyone who submitted.
Terms and Conditions
DEADLINE: October 31st 2018 (Eastern Standard Time)
- Deadline: Submissions must be received no later than midnight, October 31st 2018 (Eastern Standard Time). Email entries for consideration to:
- Format: Submit in standard manuscript Word format.
- Black 12 pt font
- Courier or Times New Roman
- Double Space
- First line indent
- Theme: The theme of the anthology is Loss/Pain. All submissions must deal with this subject in order to be considered for acceptance. Think outside the box.
- Genre: There are no genre limitations. Get creative
- Word Count: Maximum word count per piece submitted is 8,000 words. Stories or poems over that word count will not be considered.
- Submit: No more than five pieces per person total. This includes any and all pseudonyms.
- NO REPRINTS: We will not accept any previously published works.
- Acceptance: Up to three works per person, max, may be accepted in this anthology.
- Acceptance and rejections will be sent out after the submission deadline has closed. While we intend to inform you as soon as possible, please allow up to two weeks after the deadline has passed before querying.
- Simultaneous Submissions: Simultaneous submissions are allowed. If your submission is accepted elsewhere, please notify us immediately at OurLossAnthology@gmail.com and we will remove your work for consideration.
- Payment: Net profits shared between the final published writers and artists. As a partnership, we are paying equal profit sharing to all authors after expenses. Taxes are the responsibility of each individual.
- Fees: None! Submission fees or up front monetary contributions are not required from the authors.
- Editing: While we reserve the right to edit accepted stories and poems, editing is not a service we provide in advance of acceptance. Please edit your own stories to the best of your ability before submitting and submit a final, polished draft. We are looking for completed works, not first drafts. Submissions that contain excessive grammar or spelling errors may be sent back with the request that the author correct and resubmit. If you are unsure, join the collaboration page for help from other submitting authors.
- Rights: Upon acceptance authors give to Our Loss Anthology First World-Wide Serial Rights to revert back to the author after 12 months.